Session has posted a new update on their Steam page:
COMMENTS FROM THE STUDIO
We’re back with another Session Dev Blog, as we’re psyched to be bringing you some fun new content and terrain to skate.Since the last update
The turtles have found themselves at home in NY and their sewer lair, but we’re also seeing awesome clips from around San Francisco, Philadelphia, and beyond. So keep the clips & content coming – and don’t forget to tag our social accounts!
Since our last release we’ve continued onboarding new team members and building for the future while also ensuring we’re producing fun content for you as the player. To that note we’re excited to announce the release of our latest DLC bundle – in collaboration with Black River fingerboards!DLC (Paid Content):
Black River” Object Dropper asset set
- 38 items from rails, benches, boxes, and more!
We’re excited to finally be bringing back one of our early supporters of Session, Black River Fingerboards. While fingerboarding is not skateboarding – it replicates the freedom, artistic expression, and counter culture roots of skateboarding, just at a table top level. Being able to share the love we have for skating and grass roots companies like Black River was an easy call for us, and the variety of skateable objects leads to some incredible opportunities in game!
Please note that while the Black River object bank assets are bundled with the DLC, once owned they can be placed & used in any map or locale.
- Phatt Nugget Mall
The 90s were the heyday of the megastore and the boom of giant multi storied shopping malls all across North America. Malls have always been the forbidden fruit for skaters. Being clean, indoor, and mostly tile or marble with an abundance of ledges and drops the terrain was perfect, were it not for society & security! Thanks to Phat Nugget Mall being abandoned for the last 10 years, you can now revisit those glory days of hanging in the mall, but now with your deck and a chunk of wax!Free update:
Object Dropper Overhaul!
- We have fully reworked the Object Dropper system to make it more user friendly & intuitive, while still allowing for maximum player freedom. While those of you familiar with the old system will have some adjustment, the ease of use is greatly improved with our latest iteration.
- A bundle of free objects has been included in the Object Dropper overhaul for those wanting some variety but not ready to jump on the DLC.
- Asset Grouping is now possible:
- Asset re-orientation & Snap-to-ground added
General de-bug & Fixes:
• Camera – Fisheye camera lens has been reverted to V1
• Historical Challenges: Nate’s New York challenge line has been fixed
• Crash – A random Replay Editor crash on loading replays has been fixed
• Object Dropper – Objects no longer sink into the world on map load
• Audio fixes
• Improved material sounds
• Improved landing audio feedback
• Implemented surface transfer fx
• Other general debug fixes…What’s Next:
We continue to build our team here at crea-ture studios and are focused on integrating our latest team members into the studio, and project. Once we have everyone grounded we can look at how, and where, they can contribute in a meaningful and impactful way for the players!
Even with our latest additions, we’re still actively recruiting – and you can find ALL open roles at: https://www.crea-turestudios.com/careers/
Finally – keep an eye on the @Session Game instagram & Tik Tok accounts for updates and additional content from Donovan!
The crea-ture team!