Session has posted a new update on their Steam page:
COMMENTS FROM THE STUDIO
In this DevBlog we’ll provide high level updates on where the studio, team, and ultimately Session: Skate Sim are heading.Since the last update
In May, we were thrilled to release our first DLC bundle, “Chris Cole & the Abandoned Waterpark” and the response from the community was very positive.
Since then, our team has been working tirelessly on our next exciting update – the Session X TMNT collaboration.
As self-proclaimed 90s kids, the opportunity to bring the iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into the world of Session was like a dream come true – one we couldn’t pass up for anything in the world. And now, the moment has arrived, and we are thrilled to announce that the TMNT collaboration is available for download as a free update!!!
We can’t wait for you to dive into this thrilling experience and join our heroes on an unforgettable journey in the world of Session. So grab your gear and get ready to embrace the ninja power! Cowabunga!TMNT Content included in the update:
– Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael have joined the session roster
– Hard Goods – Decks & Griptape
– Soft Goods – Apparel
– Camera Lens → TMNT
TMNT Lens: – Changing the Camera Model in the Options Menu to → “TMNT” will add the distinct artistic signature of TMNT: Mutant Mayhem to Session: Skate Sim
– Replay Editor filter –TMNT
When editing replays as a turtle, with the TMNT camera model active, the Replay editor will become TMNT branded:
– Sewer Map – fun and innovative skate spots are the bread and butter of session – welcome to the NYC sewers…while the content is free, you need to do some NYC leg work to find the map BEFORE it becomes available through the transit system. Check the transit images for a hint on where to go!
General de-bug & Fixes:
– Mission Log status saved on reboot: “Untracked” missions previously became “Tracked” in the Mission Log on a reboot – this is fixed and track status is now persistent
– Scoop speed control
We have added the ability to dictate the speed of scooped tricks by managing the relative speed of the scoop input. Therefore a slow scoop on a shuv-it will lead to a slow shuv, and vice versa. Arc-length has now been cut as a scoop input method.
– Board pitch in Manual board control is dictated by the angle of the trick input and is now maintained for the duration of the trick – helping in landing orientation for grinds, manuals, and landing in banks!
– Board flip offset adjustments – Board position under player has been improved – as shared by Donovan on Instagram
– Camera – Fisheye camera lens has been revamped to improve granularity and improve fidelity.
– Other general debug fixes…
– Bug fixes on apparel
– Suck clothing integrated
– Improved audio on manuals & kick turns
– Board flipping feature – dependent on rolling speed and flip speed
– Tweaked board breaking heights
– Added option to toggle flatspot audio
– Updated foot grip-tape sliding sfx for most tricks
– Added more wood scuff sound on pressure flips
– Split landing impact sounds so some follow the skater and some stay at the location of impactWhat’s Next:
We continue to build our team here at crea-ture studios, and over the last month we have increased 36% in size!!!!
Onboarding our new team members and integrating them into the studio, and project, is our priority. Once we have everyone grounded we can look at how, and where, they can contribute in a meaningful and impactful way for the players!
Here are the roles we’re onboarding:
● HR Director – Will be key to helping improve our studios presence in the market and driving recruiting
● Animator – Support for Session is a priority, but so is assuring programming support for animation additions / improvements!
● QA Lead – Driving the building and structuring of our QA team to ensure we continue to focus on quality and improvements for our core player base, a great addition to JL’s contribution in the QA domain to date.
● Art Director – A critical addition to ensure we’re sticking to our vision and building on what we have for both Session & the future.
Finally – we’ve been fielding a lot of questions on our social channels regarding Switch production. We’re happy to announce that there will be a Switch update including all of our updates for launch, and our DLC, closer to the year’s end.
Finally, Recruitment at crea-ture studios continues & Open positions can be found at https://www.crea-turestudios.com/careers/
The Crea-ture team!