What is up Skater XL Players! Today we are stoked to be releasing a minor quality of life patch update on all platforms. As we continue to strive to make the Skater XL experience as smooth and responsive as possible, these updates are a very important part of creating a consistent experience across all platforms and PC specs.
Today’s update contains the following improvements and optimizations:
- Deep reworking of many art assets and systems to give frame rate improvements across all original 1.0 game maps. An average gain of +8 FPS Downtown Los Angeles +6 FPS in Easy Day Highschool on base model Xbox One, with similar increases on low spec PC’s and base PS4 and all maps now running at 60+ except for DTLA (which averages 59FPS).
- New GPU efficient “Decal” replacement system implemented allowing re-inclusion of extra detailing texture layers, reflections etc. in original maps.
- Updated animated elements in some maps including vegetation and environmental features.
- Nickname in Multiplayer now locked to platform username to prevent offensive and inappropriate names
- Minor bug fixes including PS4 memory crashes, environment and online player SFX volume saved settings not applied on game start, and bug in Replay List Menu where highlight replay from mod map (that is not current map) preview image is not shown properly.
We hope you enjoy these improvements and we appreciate all the continued community support!