From races and stories to road trips and expeditions, since arriving in Mexico you’ve embarked on the most incredible journeys through beautiful landscapes, vibrant towns and diverse biomes. There is so much rich heritage and culture to discover in this locale, so just how well do you know it?
Explore the Horizon will test your Forza Horizon 5 map knowledge and lead you to breathtaking scenery along the way. With 6 new-to-Forza cars, upgraded Photo Mode features, overlanding modifications for select vehicles, and Pathfinder accolades to complete, this will be a Mexican journey like no other.
Dust off your camera and charge up your sat-nav, we’re going on an adventure!
Explore the Horizon will be available to download on Xbox, Windows and Steam from Tuesday, May 25. Players can immediately try out the new Photo Mode improvements and explore Mexico under a new lens with Pathfinder accolades. Series content will be available on Thursday, May 25 until June 22.
Here is a snapshot of the new fixes and improvements included in this version:
- Launch Control settings would not save after restarting the game.
- Vehicle wheels would sometimes return to their default position in Photo Mode.
- On PC, the mouse cursor would occasionally disappear after some time.
- Missing side-marks on the 2020 Lamborghini Huracan STO when installing the race splitter.
- On the 2018 Italdesign Zerouno, the incorrect color was shown the front wheel rims and the engine frame incorrectly displayed when opening the front hood.
- Taller tires option was missing on the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Unimog U5023.
- Improvements have been made for some EventLab Blueprints which could cause a game crash when editing saved projects.
- Fixed an issue with weather management in Multiplayer races where weather conditions in certain conditions were not consistent between players.
- Controller vibration would suddenly stop working after disconnecting from an online session.
- Playground Games Team Flag Rush match score could revert to 0 once a player from the opposite team left the match.
- Scoreboards in Playground Games Survival Mode would disappear instead of minimizing.
The full list of fixes will be published in our release notes once the update is available. Click here to see the issues that we’re currently investigating. You can also report any bugs that you’re encountering on the Troubleshooting Hub, our dedicated issues tracker on the Forza Forums.
Horizon Festival organizers have sent drivers enhanced Photo Mode cameras that will make capturing incredible moments all the easier and more fun!
Here’s a look at the new features and selectable options for each one:
- Time of Day Changes: Default, Dawn, Sunrise, Morning, Early Afternoon, Late Afternoon, Sunset, Evening, Night.
- Weather Changes: Default, Clear, Clear Post Rain, Cloudy, Cloudy Post Rain, Overcast, Light Precipitation, Heavy Precipitation, Gale, Fog.
- Wheel Tilt: Default, Straight, Left, Right.
- Guidelines: Disabled, Different Aspect Ratios, 9×9 Grids, Golden Ratios.
- Character Positions*: Driver Seat, Centre Front, Left Front, Right Front, Centre Back, Left Back, Right Back, Left Side and Right Side.
- Character Emotes: Various emotes unlocked by the player are supported.
- Photo Presets: Added to the “Effects” menu, players can save, rename and delete Photo Mode presets to quickly load their favorite Photo Mode settings.
- Portrait Mode Toggle: Accessed through the Guidelines, this allows players to view how the photo will appear in portrait view.
*The vehicle must be stationary to access character positions outside of the car.
These improvements have been inspired by your feedback, and we would love to hear ideas for other features, changes and additions you would like to see in Photo Mode in the future. Let us know over on the Suggestions Hub where the team will review your submissions.
Players who have completed Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure may have noticed that the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum features a unique overlanding modification that can be fitted. It’s the perfect way to ensure your vehicle is setup for “car camping” and in Explore the Horizon, we’re rolling out this customization option to 16 additional trucks in Forza Horizon 5:
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
- 1972 Chevrolet K-10 Custom
- 2019 DeBerti Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat ‘Transformer’
- 2020 Ford Super Duty F-450 DRW Platinum
- 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
- 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
- 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
- 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup
- 2019 Hennessey VelociRaptor 6×6
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
- 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6×6
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class
- 2016 Nissan TITAN Warrior Concept
- 2017 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
Future series updates introducing new car customization pieces like body kits, parts and rims will feature a “New” label to help players locate the latest additions.
The Blueprint Builder Library in EventLab continues to expand with new props and structures to help you bring your creations to life in Forza Horizon 5. In this series, we’re introducing a set of snappable asphalt pieces used to build the Horizon Oval Circuit. These can be found in a new category called “Racing.”
In addition, five new props featuring lights and a backdrop, ideal to build a photo studio, can be found in the “Decorations” tab.
Prove your mastery of Forza Horizon 5’s map in all-new Pathfinder Challenges. A total of 12 unique routes highlighted by markers have been added to Free Roam, with 3 available to complete in each week of the series. An associated accolade is also unlocked upon reaching the Pathfinder destination.
Each season, the first accolade is automatically unlocked and pinning it will set a GPS marker to the start of the first route. They will be marked by a series of trail marker balloons, which will be green at the start and finish line, and red along the route.
Once the first route has been completed, a second accolade will be unlocked, however it will not be marked on your GPS – you’ll need to refer to the accolade description to find out where the next one starts. This also applies to the third accolade that is unlocked upon completion of the second route.
Once all 3 routes in a week have been finished, a Treasure Chest is unearthed near the end of the third route. By achieving all the Pathfinder accolades, a new Player Badge and the 1953 Morris Minor Series II Traveler is unlocked.
On June 22, Forza Horizon 5 celebrates Upgrade Heroes with the Horizon Test Track, new cars, new rims, new Player Badges, and more! Stay tuned for details closer to release.