Hey fight fans,
Our long-awaited 7th and final update in early access is here and it’s a big one: bringing you Career Mode, Character Creator, Fighter Select Customisation and much more.
Below are the patch notes for the update, shipped on 12 February 2024 – 13417020.
Introducing Undisputed Career Mode, an engaging and authentic boxing experience where you’re the master of your own journey. Fight for money or fame, go for knockouts or dominate the scorecards, or simply rise through the ranks in any way you can.
– Use our new character creator to create your own fighter or play through career mode with one of the 70+ licensed fighters available in game!
– Humble beginnings: begin your career journey by jumping straight into an amateur tournament which will inform how you start your pro journey and rank on the world stage.
– Assemble a team: choose your own Coach, Cutman, and Manager. Your decisions here will impact various aspects of your career from which Stats and Traits you can level up to your ability to negotiate the best deals for your fighter. Featuring lots of licensed legends of the boxing world from Brian ‘BoMac’ McIntyre to Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran.
– Own your path: once you’ve assembled your team it’s time to get to fighting. Your team will come to you with fight offers but whether you accept their offer is up to you. Forge your own path by carefully choosing your opponents and using the fight negotiation to get the best deal you can for your fighter.
– Stay in shape: remember to balance your Fight Camp activities – with choices around growing your fame, maintaining weight, or being fight ready you’ll have to carefully balance your Fight Camp choices to get the best outcome for your fighter.
– Rise through the ranks: carefully climb your way to the top of the world rankings and pick up national and continental belts on your way to winning a world title, unifying, and eventually becoming Undisputed! Featuring licensed belts from the WBC, WBO, and IBF, as well as our very own SCI belt.
Create your own fighter for offline play! Play with your created character in career mode, or play with them in local play through your fighter select screen.
– Create your own fighter in any of the 10 weight divisions available in Undisputed.
– In-depth customisation sliders ranging from the pointiness of the head down to the muscle definition of the calves.
– A range of customisation options including hair, beards, shorts, gloves, tops, and boots.
– Pick boxing related things like your boxer’s fight style, animations, etc.
– Determine your fighter’s style. Character creator allows you to choose your fighter’s stance, block style, and animation set.
Fighter Select Customisation
– Ability to pick between default or alternative outfit options for each fighter, with more attire options planned for full launch.
– Ability to customise which taunts you want to use in your fights, with 11 new taunts added to the game, taking the total available to 15.
– Ability to select each fighter’s ringwalk music.
– Added 7 Hills, a bustling underground bar with all the rough edges and grunge that you might expect while starting off a boxing career.
– Introduced Flat Footed Movement. When a fighter’s max stamina drops below 40%:
- Their standard movement animations are now replaced by the ‘Flat Footed’ movement animation set.
- They are no longer able to enter ‘Loose Movement’ or utilise any of the other functionalities that come with being in Loose Movement.
- Their Traits won’t activate.
– Reduced the minimum max stamina to 30%.
– The get-up minigame difficulty in offline play is now tied to the AI difficulty set by the player.
– Block Health
- Max Block Health reduced by 30%.
- Block health regeneration timer delay increased.
– Health bars should now regenerate while on screen.
– Differentiated the AI behaviour of the 4 core archetypes (Boxer Puncher, Slugger, Swarmer, Outside Fighter) to reflect real-life styles more accurately.
– Added a range of AI strategies to the generated characters within career mode. The generated characters will vary across things like levels of aggression, preferred punch types, preferred combos, etc.
– Adjusted punch selection to be more in line with what a real boxer would do, e.g. lead with jabs, save power punches for the end of combos, etc.
– Improved the AI’s lateral movement. They can now dodge sideways and have improved ring positioning.
– The AI now has increased aggression toward the end of the fight if an AI boxer is down on points. An AI boxer will chase a knockout if it’s their only way of winning.
– Reduced aggression toward the end of the fight if an AI boxer is up on points.
– Improved punch output and smarter stamina usage relative to opponent stamina and point difference.
– Added branding for new partners Ready to Fight and BXSMART into the game.
– Replaced two player titles with new ones.
– Blood can now appear on women’s tops.
– Introduced an experimental new camera: ‘Over the Shoulder’ gives players a new POV on the in-ring action. This is currently only available for offline play and will have further iterations in the future. Head to your settings to try it out!
– Fixed an issue that caused AI boxers to freeze when trying to perform an invalid punch.
– Fixed an issue in online fights that meant your opponent’s animation would sometimes lock up instead of stumbling, causing the opponent to appear to slide.
– Fixed UI alignment issues throughout the game.
– Fixed an issue around feints locking up the user on certain fighters.
– Fixed dodges not being able to be queued after a punch.
– Fixed an issue around the incorrect dodge playing when trying to dodge forward/back while holding the power modifier.
– Fixed an issue around some accessibility features preventing the player from entering specific venues.
– Fixed an issue with the crowd in Santiago Gym not rendering correctly.
– Updated the hair on multiple boxers to fix opacity issues.
– Fixed some issues around shorts not behaving as intended.
– Fixed some input prompts not appearing during the tutorial.
– Commentator dialogue is now more relevant to active gameplay.
– Fixed graphical issues on multiple venues.
– Dazed effects being turned off during instant replay should no longer lock the game.
– Fixed an issue where punch impact effects were not playing from the correct location.
– The referee should no longer count too high in the getup minigame.
– Fixed an issue with boxer’s eyes not rendering reflections properly.
– Fixed an issue with boxer’s eyes being closed when not intended.
– Fixed some issues around the side selection not behaving as intended.
– Additional minor bug fixes.