Hey fight fans,
This patch contains a range of balance changes including fighter updates, cuts and bruises, and more, as well as some bug fixes. Before we jump into the notes for this patch, we want to talk about some of the key areas players are most eager to see updated and that we’re focused on ensuring improve over the next few updates.
Online Stability and Cheaters
In our previous content update we spoke about our work in these areas, our determination to get them right, and that how that will take time. While this update contains a small fix that should slightly reduce the number of disconnections online, more work is ongoing in the background, and we continue to roll out new bans for anyone caught cheating in the meantime. We’ll continue to update you on our progress on these issues here and in our community channels.
We’ve also seen a lot of feedback around what happens inside the ring. Particularly around head and body health, stamina balancing, AI, and body uppercuts. Over the next few updates, you can expect to see changes made to the health system, adjusted targeting for body uppercuts so that they can’t be so easily abused, and AI improvements which will continue to be expanded on throughout the course of early access.
With stamina usage and other balancing, we have to strike a good balance for both online and offline play, which sometimes necessitates making balance adjustments only alongside other changes, such as improving the AI so that it’s more capable of reacting to and maintaining its stamina levels in a way that players can. That being said, this update does contain a small adjustment for stamina (see notes below), and you can expect to see further adjustments to stamina throughout the course of early access.
Now let’s jump into the notes for the patch shipped on 15 March 2023 – 10766709
– Increased base flash knockout chance.
– Increased the chance of cuts or bruises occurring.
– Increased damage to cuts and bruises.
– Increased stamina usage for power punches.
– Increased damage dealt by hooks to the head.
– Increased damage dealt to block health.
– General improvements to how we handle online connections.
– Moved ‘Counter Punch Modifier’ from the Speed category to the Strength category.
– Fixed an issue causing the fight Select UI continuing to show and overlapping with other areas of the game.
– Fixed an issue that caused players to sometimes get stuck on the transition screen after being kicked from a custom lobby.
– Fixed an issue that meant one of Sergio Martinez’s traits wasn’t correctly displaying the trait description.
– Fixed multiple issues relating to taking a knee.
– …lots of other general bug fixes!
Fighters have gone through another iteration of balance adjustments, with stat changes to Ryan Garcia, Josh Taylor, Joe Joyce, and 19 other boxers to make them feel more in line with their real-life counterparts. Please continue to share feedback around whether a boxer in Undisputed feels authentic to their real-life counterpart, as fighter balancing will be an ongoing effort throughout early access.