Platforms: PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Developers: EA Vancouver, EA Romania
Publishers: EA Sports
FIFA 17 delivers an authentic, balanced and exciting football experience with improvements both on and off the pitch. In addition to innovation in Career Mode and FIFA Ultimate Team – FIFA 17 on Xbox 360® and PlayStation® 3 includes a full suite of modes complimented by new gameplay features.
OWN EVERY MOMENT IN GAMEPLAY
New Attacking Techniques: New options in attack give players more ways to create chances and finish in front of goal.
- Driven Finish: A new shot mechanic lets players keep the ball low in any situation – finesse, volley, or simply slot it home.
- Downward Headers: Greater control in direction allows players to head the ball down, making keepers work harder.
- Threaded Through Pass: Increase power on through balls, and create new scoring chances with threaded through passes.
- Driven Goal Kicks and Throw-ins: Start a quick counter attack by passing it out from goal or the touchline with power and direction.
Set Piece Rewrite: From free kicks to penalties to corner kicks, inject personality and variety from every dead ball situation
- New Penalties: Move freely in your run up on the ball, approach from different angles and at different speeds, and put some personality on your penalties.
- New Corner Kicks: A new targeting system from corners lets you pick out teammates with greater precision and changes the way your teammates move off the ball as you deliver the pass.
- Free Kicks: Customize your run up on free kicks to create more variety in the spin and movement on the ball. You can now deliver shots like outside of the foot direct free kicks that bend around the wall.
Career Mode: FIFA 17 adds depth to your experience with new features that give you even greater control over your club’s season, the option to compete in new leagues, and many other key changes.
- Pre-season Tournaments: Prior to a given season, your club will be invited to three out of a possible nine tournaments, played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America. Just as with real football clubs, these matches will be a great opportunity to work on your team tactics and line-ups to experiment with your entire squad. The prize purse from these tournaments gets allocated to your transfer budget for the upcoming season in Career Mode.
- Player Training: As the manager in Career Mode, you will be able to train your squad to increase player attributes and boost player development. Each week, select up to five squad players to train from a number of training drills, each focused on developing specific attributes. The aim here is to allow for greater growth in youth squad players and to create more value to the club. Focus on your star players to keep a strong starting XI, develop youth players to increase transfer values and build your funds, or transform your club into the next Ajax or Barcelona, a breeding ground for the future stars of world football.
- New Leagues: The Japan J1 League is joining the list of leagues in which you’ll be able to compete in FIFA 17’s Career Mode.
Women’s National Teams
- Norway and Netherlands International Women’s teams have been added for selection in Kick Off and Women’s International Cup Mode.
FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Squad Building Challenges: Complete challenges and earn unique in-game rewards in all-new Squad Building Challenges. Test your squad-building skills by choosing from Basic, Advanced, or League specific challenges. Squad Building Challenges will be updated throughout the season.
- Offline Play a Friend: There are more ways to compete against your friends in FUT 17. For the first time ever, your opponent can download their FUT squad to use in a local offline match. The couch bragging rights are at stake in FUT 17!
FIFA 17 on Xbox 360® and PlayStation® 3 include a full suite of game modes highlighted by the following:
- Be a Pro Player & Be a Pro Goalkeeper, Tournament Mode, Women’s International Cup, Online Seasons & Online Friendlies, Skill Games, Practice Arena and more!
- FIFA 17 adds three new stadiums: West Ham United F.C.’s Olympic Stadium, Middlesbrough F.C.’s Riverside Stadium and Gamba Osaka’s Suita City Football Stadium.
- Featuring the latest transfers, kits and weekly form and lineup updates – FIFA 17 delivers the most authentic football experience available on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.